Changing Article Order in a Blog Layout in Joomla!
Select the menu item of the blog layout page by going to Menus->Your Menu and clicking the name of any blog layout type menu link (Front Page, Section Blog or Category Blog).
On the right hand side, click to open the Parameters (Advanced) tab.
You will see a dropdown selector named Category Order. The four choices are:
- No, Order by Primary Order Only – this means to display according to the rule in the selector below named Primary Order
- Title (Alphabetical) – this means to display the list in alphabetical order based on the title of the article (A-Z).
- Title (Reverse alphabetical) – this means to display the list in reversed alphabetical order based on the title of the article (Z-A).
- Order – this means to display the articles according to their order in the article manager.
If you choose Order, then whatever you select in the next dropdown selector named Primary Order will apply. The choices for Primary Order are:
- Default – use the order in the article manager
- Oldest first – use the article creation date going from oldest to newest
- Most recent first – use the article creation date going from newest to oldest
- Title (alphabetical)
- Title (reverse alphabetical)
- Author – alphabetical
- Author – reverse alphabetical
- Most hits
- Least hits
- Order – the article order in the article manager